Who is Renee Lederman, LPC?
A Houston Therapist Who Specializes In Marriage Counseling, Couples Therapy And Love Addiction & Love Avoidance Issues
I Help With Healing, Grief, Trauma & Transformation
More about me – I’m here to guide you with compassion so you can be your best self. I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and certified in somatic experiencing, with more than 20 years of experience working with individuals, couples, and families through tough issues such as betrayal, infidelity, trauma, and overwhelm. Together we focus on your personal strengths and how you can cultivate new perspectives on how to handle life’s conflicts and challenges.
I believe that your stories are significant — the big, defining stories and the smaller, everyday narratives. We’ll work together to examine and challenge the stories you tell yourself about who you are, what you can do, and why you matter. I’ll encourage you to learn more about yourself, live this process, and cultivate wholeheartedness.
Together, we’ll reckon with your stories so you can rise stronger.
In my 20 years of experience, I have worked with hundreds of patients from all walks of life, which gives me a deep understanding and a practical view of the problems people are facing in their personal or professional life. Whether it is depression due to problems in a marriage, love relationship, death of a close family member, emotional distress related to separation, addiction, self sabotage, trauma, inner anxiety, loss of job, or any other issues that is affecting your mental health negatively.
How can marriage counseling help couples?
• A motivated couple can begin to explore their problems from a new perspective.
• They can learn new ways to recognize and resolve conflicts as a result of the tools provided by the therapist.
• Partners can improve communication that may have eroded the quality of their interactions. It’s common for couples to reach an impasse and lose the ability to be vulnerable and trusting of one another.
• It can provide “neutral territory” to help couples work through tough issues or to put aside “baggage” that prevents the couple from moving on.
• Couples can decide to rebuild their marriage and make a renewed commitment, or clarify the reasons why they need to separate or end the marriage.
For marriage counseling to be effective, both partners need to be willing to take responsibility for their part in the problems, to accept each other’s faults, and to be motivated to repair the relationship. It’s important for couples to have realistic expectations because it takes more than a few sessions to shed light on the dynamics and to begin the process of change.
CREDENTIALS AND ADVANCED CLINICAL TRAINING
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist® (CSAT®) and Certified Multiple Addiction Therapist® (CMAT®) Developed by Dr. Patrick Carnes
- Certified Trauma & Addiction Professional: International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist® (IRT®) Developed by Harville Hendrix and Dr. Helen LaKelly Hunt
Imago Relationship International
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF™) Developed by Brené Brown, LMSW, PhD
- Post Induction Therapy® Developed by Pia Mellody in “The Meadows Model”
- Somatic Experiencing® Professional (SEP)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Investment in a compassionate approach to therapy
- Ownership of your family stories, false perceptions, and limiting beliefs
- Increased courage, confidence, and clarity about your life path
- Decreased anxiety, stress, and overwhelm
- Improved resilience, patience, and understanding
- Greater sense of meaning in life and work
Therapy will not remove all of your challenges — therapy itself is a challenge! I will be with you every step of the way and guide you to access greater health and happiness.
Looking Forward To Seeing You Soon!